• Help the kids who had their dental work started at clinic get it completed
• Commit for no longer than 6 months
• See patients on the days, and during the times, that work best for you
To complete the necessary treatment of a GKAS patient. After completion of treatment, the patient’s records and responsibility is sent back to the Smile Factories/Give Kids A Smile office for record keeping and follow-up.
You are not required to take Smile Factories patients beyond the six-month treatment time limit, nor are you required to take siblings or other family members of these patients. We hope that through this program you will be able to continue the fantastic care that has been started at the GKAS clinic!
• Multiple procedures needing attention
• Ages Kindergarten through 8th Grade (Ages 5-14)
• May require multiple disciplines for treatment (i.e. Endo, Oral Surgery, Perio)
• Has overpowering financial need and lives at or below the poverty line
• Smile Factories/GKAS office contacts your office with patient particulars
• A copy of the patient’s health history, registration, name, address, phone numbers, radiographs, GKAS event records, etc., will be faxed or emailed to your office.
• Patient/parent/guardian will be called by your office for an appointment for the child.
Each child will be allowed to have three (3) no-show appointments. Three no-show appointments terminate the care by Smile Factories volunteer offices. After three no-show appointments, please send the patient records to the Smile Factories/GKAS office.
Each child will have 6 months to complete the necessary treatment. If an extension is required, authorization can be secured by your office on behalf of the patient for an additional 6 months only. Orthodontic care is an exception. 2 years is the initial limitation in the case of orthodontic care.